Wow, I was tired today! Being around kids can be wonderful, but it can also be exhausting!
Just when I thought I didn’t have any more energy to give, I had to take part in some exercise with the kids again, so what to do?
The Rapid Rest and Repair Technique is something I have developed from my years and years of Reiki Practice.
It takes just 2-3 minutes, and if done without distraction or interruption, can be intensely healing and rejuvenating.
Seeing as a couple of friends of mine also told me they were exhausted today, I thought I would share, in case it was of benefit to others too.
Rapid Rest and Repair Technique
- Sit comfortably on a chair (sitting is best, lying would encourage you to fall asleep)
- Close your eyes and take your attention inwards to the inside of you and your body
- Instead of trying to fight being tired, let all your awareness and energy flow to where it is are needed most – this might be shoulders, back, legs muscles, gut – wherever your body feels is the best for the energy and awareness to go
- Really feel and listen with your body to what your body is saying and sharing with you
- You may wish to focus on one area, or a few areas of need one after the other
- If the mind wanders, bring it back to being aware of the whole of you and where your attention and energy are needed the most.*
- After a short while, you will be aware that your energy levels have risen back up and/or this technique is no longer needed and you can carry on with your day.
* Disengaging the story and mind chatter around why you are tired and how you feel about being tired is critical to moving into a new energised state.
Short term solution
This technique is a short term solution to get you through your day and not a replacement for scheduling sufficient down time and proper rest. It is useful when you actively want to take part in something but feel like you haven’t the energy for it. In the exercise the body redistributes the energy it has to take part in the activities you want to do (great for when you have kids and you can’t stop). However, this redistribution must be rebalanced at a later date – preferably that day, as a energy reserve that is drawn on more than it is filled will soon become empty (take it from me, I had ME for 10+) years.
By listening to yourself fully and completely, your body will thank you for it and will be very clear at the end of the exercise whether you absolutely need to stop now and rest properly, or where you were perhaps letting your mind chatter get the better of you and you had more energy than you realised.
Have a play with this exercise and see how you get on. Doing so will help you to become more body aware and more aware of how you are able to affect your body with your awareness more than you may have realised.
My name is Becci Godfrey, and I am a Reiki Master Healer and Teacher. I have been practising healing all my life, and have been a Reiki Practitioner since 2010.
My passion in life has always been healing and I am always looking for new ways to share that passion.
To find out more about me and the services I offer, check out the rest of this website and feel free to contact me if you have anything you would like to ask!